[Randy] 【转载】Randy Harrison: Don t call him Justin

Randy Harrison: Don t call him Justin Randy Harrison: Don t call him Justin

By ANN FINSTAD By ANN FINSTAD

As Justin Taylor on "Queer as Folk," Randy Harrison has come a long way in three-plus seasons. Once a naive 17-year-old who, when asked if he liked the drug Special K replied "I like Cheerios better," Justin has become the King of Babylon, a survivor of a violent gay-bashing incident, a successful comic book artist, and, most recently, a member of a gay vigilante group – as well as winning over the "heartless" Brian Kinney to boot. As Justin Taylor on "Queer as Folk," Randy Harrison has come a long way in three-plus seasons. Once a naive 17-year-old who, when asked if he liked the drug Special K replied "I like Cheerios better," Justin has become the King of Babylon, a survivor of a violent gay-bashing incident, a successful comic book artist, and, most recently, a member of a gay vigilante group – as well as winning over the "heartless" Brian Kinney to boot .

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--><!--[endif]-->

But don't confuse Harrison with the character he plays on TV. During a recent conversation, he's quick to point out that although he and Justin might look alike, that's where the similarities end. "I think that when he was younger he was more similar to maybe what I was when I was that age. But, you know we sort of have grown up in really different directions … it's harder for me to relate to him now than it ever has been. I mean it's more of a stretch." But don't confuse Harrison with the character he plays on TV. During a recent conversation, he's quick to point out that although he and Justin might look alike, that's where the similarities end. "I think that when he was younger he was more similar to maybe what I was when I was that age. But, you know we sort of have grown up in really different directions … it's harder for me to relate to him now than it ever has been. I mean it's more of a stretch. "

"I like that he's more different from me now. I find it interesting. I find it kind of interesting to start playing someone that has sort of grown into someone that you probably wouldn't hang out with in real life, or have that much interest in talking to … " he trails off with a laugh. "I like that he's more different from me now. I find it interesting. I find it kind of interesting to start playing someone that has sort of grown into someone that you probably wouldn't hang out with in real life, or have that much interest in talking to … " he trails off with a laugh.

Those are strong words regarding a character that's brought Harrison much notoriety and acclaim since "Queer as Folk" premiered. As an openly gay cast member of show that's often heralded asthe groundbreaking forerunner to the current glut of mainstream programming featuring homosexuals, I ask Harrison what it's like to have been a part of that for almost four years. Those are strong words regarding a character that's brought Harrison much notoriety and acclaim since "Queer as Folk" premiered. As an openly gay cast member of show that's often heralded asthe groundbreaking forerunner to the current glut of mainstream programming featuring homosexuals, I ask Harrison what it's like to have been a part of that for almost four years.

"I'm glad that one of the first major things I did, as far as job-wise, was something that does have some social relevance … and I felt like that when I started doing 'Queer as Folk.' I was aware of it, that we were pushing boundaries, and we were the first of a lot of things. And it felt good to know that." "I'm glad that one of the first major things I did, as far as job-wise, was something that does have some social relevance … and I felt like that when I started doing 'Queer as Folk.' I was aware of it, that we were pushing boundaries, and we were the first of a lot of things. And it felt good to know that."

"But we've done that," Harrison says. "And we did it four years ago. It all kind of seems like a fad a little bit. And as much as people believe it's progress, it doesn't seem like it is really." "But we've done that," Harrison says. "And we did it four years ago. It all kind of seems like a fad a little bit. And as much as people believe it's progress, it doesn't seem like it is really."

"I mean, I think the most important thing is it at least created a sort of a dialogue for people to talk about gay rights and talk about homosexuality," Harrison says. "And I think it probably is at this point a little bit easier for teenagers to come out and for people who are in positions where they're tortured by their identity to [cope] a little better." "I mean, I think the most important thing is it at least created a sort of a dialogue for people to talk about gay rights and talk about homosexuality," Harrison says. "And I think it probably is at this point a little bit easier for teenagers to come out and for people who are in positions where they're tortured by their identity to [cope] a little better."

"But as far as what it's done for the gay community, you know, that's already out, and active," Harrison says. "I don't know that there's necessarily been progress. I feel like there's a backlash already, a little bit. I feel like it's as limiting in what people expect of you as a homosexual, or what they think you are like. We sort of define ourselves in a way, by these representations of a really small aspect of what we are in the community." "But as far as what it's done for the gay community, you know, that's already out, and active," Harrison says. "I don't know that there's necessarily been progress. I feel like there's a backlash already, a little bit . I feel like it's as limiting in what people expect of you as a homosexual, or what they think you are like. We sort of define ourselves in a way, by these representations of a really small aspect of what we are in the community. "

But despite the faddish nature of themedia explosion, Harrison concedes that it has resulted in an overall positive outcome, even if it falls short in some ways. But despite the faddish nature of themedia explosion, Harrison concedes that it has resulted in an overall positive outcome, even if it falls short in some ways.

"It's just hard because I'm more interested in laws actually changing, and the true perception, the American perception of what we are actually changing, and I don't really see that happening. I mean, we're still pushing. But I feel like the whole aspect of civil rights, it's totally independent of a television set." "It's just hard because I'm more interested in laws actually changing, and the true perception, the American perception of what we are actually changing, and I don't really see that happening. I mean, we're still pushing. But I feel like the whole aspect of civil rights, it's totally independent of a television set."

When it comes to talking about infamous sex scenes and nudity that "Queer as Folk" features on a weekly basis, Harrison sounds weary, like he's tired of answering the question. I can't blame him if he is – but we are a culture obsessed with sex, as he's quick to point out, so there's no skirting the issue. When it comes to talking about infamous sex scenes and nudity that "Queer as Folk" features on a weekly basis, Harrison sounds weary, like he's tired of answering the question. I can't blame him if he is – but we are a culture obsessed with sex, as he's quick to point out, so there's no skirting the issue.

"It's funny because everyone wants to talk about [the scenes]. People like to latch onto sex for some reason still, and get sort of obsessive about the naked body. It's funny because when you watch it, just the fact that it's two people who appear to be naked – even though we're not – in proximity to each other, an amount of intimacy comes across that oftentimes just really isn't there. It's totally technical. But people see two things and they create that in their minds. You know, you can't see two naked people together that close and not assume a sort of intimacy." "It's funny because everyone wants to talk about [the scenes]. People like to latch onto sex for some reason still, and get sort of obsessive about the naked body. It's funny because when you watch it, just the fact that it's two people who appear to be naked – even though we're not – in proximity to each other, an amount of intimacy comes across that oftentimes just really isn't there. It's totally technical. But people see two things and they create that in their minds . You know, you can't see two naked people together that close and not assume a sort of intimacy."

And what does he think of the infatuation that people, especially straight women, have with the Brian and Justin relationship? And what does he think of the infatuation that people, especially straight women, have with the Brian and Justin relationship?

"I find it sort of mildly amusing. It just seems kind of strange, I'm not really a television person, so whenever people get sort of obsessive relationships about television characters I find it sort of bizarre." "I find it sort of mildly amusing. It just seems kind of strange, I'm not really a television person, so whenever people get sort of obsessive relationships about television characters I find it sort of bizarre."

As one of those people (with the memory of my latest "TV boyfriend" fresh on my mind), I laugh nervously as he continues. "It's really sweet and it's nice that for whatever reason the story line and our work [are] so compelling." As one of those people (with the memory of my latest "TV boyfriend" fresh on my mind), I laugh nervously as he continues. "It's really sweet and it's nice that for whatever reason the story line and our work [are] so compelling."

During the six months of the year while he's not filming "Queer as Folk," Harrison spends time auditioning, doing theater, and catching up with friends and family, as well as taking classes part time at Columbia University. When I ask what he studies, he says his interests lie in English Literature and other artistic classes – but "not acting [classes]." During the six months of the year while he's not filming "Queer as Folk," Harrison spends time auditioning, doing theater, and catching up with friends and family, as well as taking classes part time at Columbia University. When I ask what he studies , he says his interests lie in English Literature and other artistic classes – but "not acting [classes]."

As our conversation continues, I get the impression that Harrison is ready to move on to the next phase in his life, where the issue isn't how many times his butt has been on television or whether or not Justin and Brian will ever fully commit to each other. As our conversation continues, I get the impression that Harrison is ready to move on to the next phase in his life, where the issue isn't how many times his butt has been on television or whether or not Justin and Brian will ever fully commit to each other.

Harrison's true enthusiasm seems to lie with the work he's producing outside of "Queer as Folk." Harrison's true enthusiasm seems to lie with the work he's producing outside of "Queer as Folk."

He makes no secret that he's tired of dressing up and making the promotional rounds for the show and prefers working in theater over television. He talks more willingly about his own interests than the events that occur when he's Justin Taylor, at one point even saying "It feels strange to be talking about [Justin] because he's not a real person." He makes no secret that he's tired of dressing up and making the promotional rounds for the show and prefers working in theater over television. He talks more willingly about his own interests than the events that occur when he's Justin Taylor, at one point even saying " It feels strange to be talking about [Justin] because he's not a real person."

As evidence of his emphatic non-Justin-ism, Harrison shares that unlike his character, he has no talent as an artist, but his creativity does express itself in other ways. "I write. But I've never been happy enough to let other people read what I write. I've never had the focus and the attention span to write a novel. I think I wrote like a 120 page mini-novel when I was like, 15, and that was the longest thing I've ever written and it was terrible. I write short plays and short movies that I shoot with my digital camera with my friends." As evidence of his emphatic non-Justin-ism, Harrison shares that unlike his character, he has no talent as an artist, but his creativity does express itself in other ways. "I write. But I've never been happy enough to let other people read what I write. I've never had the focus and the attention span to write a novel. I think I wrote like a 120 page mini-novel when I was like, 15, and that was the longest thing I've ever written and it was terrible. I write short plays and short movies that I shoot with my digital camera with my friends."

And when he thinks of the future, when Justin is just a tiny speck in his rearview mirror? And when he thinks of the future, when Justin is just a tiny speck in his rearview mirror?

"I'll keep acting, you know. I'll definitely keep doing theater. I'd love to break into film. I'm making small films with my friends now, and after five years of doing that, it could become bigger films. I'd love to start a theater company [with a group of friends] … I'll just keep acting. I don't know exactly what the opportunities that will present themselves to me are, I know I'm creating a lot of my own work and that'll definitely get bigger and more exciting and maybe one day even scrounge me up some money." "I'll keep acting, you know. I'll definitely keep doing theater. I'd love to break into film. I'm making small films with my friends now, and after five years of doing that, it could become bigger films. I'd love to start a theater company [with a group of friends] … I'll just keep acting. I don't know exactly what the opportunities that will present themselves to me are, I know I'm creating a lot of my own work and that'll definitely get bigger and more exciting and maybe one day even scrounge me up some money."

He laughs, possibly aware that this sounds strange, and amends himself to say that he'd like to make money on work he's created on his own, not just by playing someone else's character. He laughs, possibly aware that this sounds strange, and amends himself to say that he'd like to make money on work he's created on his own, not just by playing someone else's character.

With the fifth season of "Queer as Folk" just announced, Justin Taylor isn't quite out of the picture for Randy Harrison yet. But at least Harrison is excited about his many prospects for the future. With the fifth season of "Queer as Folk" just announced, Justin Taylor isn't quite out of the picture for Randy Harrison yet. But at least Harrison is excited about his many prospects for the future.

英语好的认真看,顺带帮忙翻译一下啊

he'd like to make money on work he's created on his own, not just by playing someone else's character.
这孩子嘴强,还说自己跟Justin相去甚远,话却说得那么Justin~

LZ 可否费心编辑一下,每段话都是重复的两遍哦。
不会是我的显示器有问题吧。

ai!不懂E文

没有一个演员希望自己被束缚在一类角色,更别说是一个了,是可以理解的,但这同时也说明randy确实把justin演得太好了,所以我们才念念不忘,希望他不要太介意

LZ 可否费心编辑一下,每段话都是重复的两遍哦。
不会是我的显示器有问题吧。
julie_hsu 发表于 2009-8-14 13:14

应该不是显示器的问题
我看了也是重复的

哇 好长 看了一段头就大了。。。

好长  ~JUSTIN对于他来说  是一个重要的角色了

额 看到英文就有点头痛吖 郁闷.... 不过从回复里面知道了大概说的什么 我是真的就爱上了演Jus的Randy啊 不过还是知道R和J不可能是一样的啦 只是把J演活了...

本帖最后由 leewon 于 2010-4-28 15:41 编辑

这帖子的回复量好小,估计大家看到是英文都懒的往下看了。我英语不好啦,可是还是花了点时间翻译了一下,翻得不好...毕竟学得不怎么样,大家将就着看看吧。只翻译了部分,后面的没来得及翻译,因为要去上课了。如果回来有空没有人接着翻的话我再翻吧

Randy Harrison:别叫我Jusin

自从在QAF中饰演Jusin Taylor以来,Randy Harrison这三年取得了不错的进展。从一个被Brian问说“你喜欢老K(毒品)吗”时会回答“我还是比较喜欢Cheerios(甜麦片)的17岁幼稚男孩变成了Babylon之王(有Brian在justin怎么会...),一个同志袭击案的幸存者,一个成功漫画的作者,还有,同志治安维持会的会员 - 除此之外,当然还是“冷血无情”的Brian kinney的征服者。

但是,千万别把电视里的justin和Randy搞混了。在最近的谈话中,Randy指出虽然他和justin看起来很像,但两人的相似点也就仅此而已。“justin更小一点的时候可能会比较像那个年纪的我。但是,长大以后我们就有了十分大的不同.......这让我很难把现在的justin和以前的他联系在一起。我指的是之后的故事的延展性”

“我很喜欢他跟我本身的不一样,这让我十分感兴趣。去扮演一个你不会和他出去玩或者说,不是那么想要跟他聊天的人让我有蛮感兴趣的。”说着他笑了起来。

从QAF上演以来,这个角色给Randy带来了许多的负面评价,当然也有很多喝彩。在最近同性恋题材大增的环境下,作为一个公开的gay演员出演这样一部具有先驱影响的电视剧4年之久,Randy到底是怎么看的呢?

“就工作方面,我很庆幸这是我做的第一件具有重大意义的事情,这是件与社会现实相关的事情。当我开始演出QAF的时候我有感觉我们在触碰底线,当然,我们还做了许多事情的先驱。这些都很好。”

“我们做了,一做就是四年。这似乎已经小有名气。人们觉得QAF还会进一步升级,然而现实却不是这样的。”

“我的意思是,我认为最重要的是至少这部戏给人们在谈论gay的权利和同性恋的时候制造了话题。”Randy说,“然后我也觉得这部戏让青少年gay出柜容易些,还能让那些为了自己的尊严而饱受折磨的人感觉好些。”

“目前来看,我们对gay团体所做的已经产生了影响,”Randy说,“我不知道这是不是还有激烈化的必要性。我觉得它已经产生了反冲效应,有一点点吧。我觉得到这边就差不多是个底线了,不管人们是怎么看待gay的,觉得gay就该怎么怎么样。我们想要用这部作品来作为一个方面来定位我们这群人在社会中的角色。”

但尽管这部戏的风行只是场媒体效应,Randy还是承认其结果是积极的,虽然在某些方面它还没有实现目标。

“我真正的期望的是法律的修改,人们的理解,美国人对我们认知的真正改变,但我知道这有点难,而且这也确实没发生。但是,我们还在努力。只不过公民权是不依赖于电视的。”

当谈到QAF臭名昭著的每周一次的性场面和裸露画面,Randy显得有些厌烦,看来他似乎已经厌倦了回答这个问题。如果真是这样我也不会责备他,就像他后来说的“我们的有的文化就是沉迷性欲”,所以没有必要纠结这个问题。

“有趣的是人们都很喜欢讨论那些场景。有的时候人们会想要发生性行为,会有点迷恋裸体。当你看电视的时候你会看到两个人裸体 (虽然有时候我们并没全裸)然后亲近对方,然后大量的亲密行为就出现了,但其实大多数情况还是假的。这都是技术问题。但人们看到了这些画面,脑海里面就产生了自己的想象。你明白吗,就是你不可能看到两个人赤裸着那么亲密还假定他们没怎么样。”

那么对于人们,尤其是直女们对Brian和justin两人关系的迷恋Randy是怎么看的呢?

“我觉得有一点点好玩。这有点奇怪,我不是个电视人,所以当人们迷恋电视角色关系的时候我有点奇怪”

谢谢楼上,不过,看着还是有点晕~~

谢谢LS啊,我正头晕眼花的自己看呢,结果看到你的翻译了,省不少事啊!
无论剧里剧外,小J或Randy都是口齿伶俐,能言善辩的主儿啊~~(*^__^*) 嘻嘻……

我不相信爱情,但我相信你们...

哇……以前居然么看到过~

本帖最后由 leewon 于 2010-4-28 15:30 编辑

-----------------接10楼

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
像别的人一样(当时我脑袋里想着我最近看的“TV boyfriend”)干笑着等他继续。“最赞的是无论怎么样我们的剧情和工作总是趣味多多。”

在他后面没有拍QAF的六个月里,Randy参加了试演、舞台剧表演、和家人朋友在一起,同时还在哥伦比亚大学听课。当我问到他学的什么的时候,他说他的兴趣是英语文化和一些艺术课程 - 但“独独没有表演课。”

在我们的谈话中,我感觉Randy已经准备好了迎接他生命中的写一个阶段。一个无关他在电视上修了几次他的屁屁,或者justin和Brian最终是否有把自己完完全全交付给了对方的生活(我难过,Randy真的在move on了...)。

Randy真正的兴趣似乎并不在QAF上。很明显,他不喜欢为了电视剧装扮、上通告,他喜欢戏剧表演更甚。相较于justin Taylor时期的事件,他更喜欢谈论自己的真实爱好,兴趣。他甚至还一度说道“谈论justin好奇怪,他只是个电视人物。”(好狠心的Randy,83集的电视剧你都没有眷恋吗?)

他毫不遮掩他的无justin主义。在Randy眼中,他和justin根本不一样,他没有像justin一样的艺术家天赋,但Randy自己还是有自己的表达方式的,“我有写东西。但我不喜欢给别人看我写的东西。我没有真正专注于写作,我大概15岁的时候写过一篇120页微型小说,这是我写过最长的文,但我觉得满糟糕的。我写了些短的戏剧和电影,然后我和我的朋友们用数字摄影机拍了下来。”

当justin远离他以后,他对未来有什么期许呢?

“我会继续表演,真的。我一定会坚持我的戏剧表演。我也想要在电影界闯一闯,我和我的朋友在做小电影,5年以后,这会是一部大电影哦。我想要和我的一群朋友开一家戏剧公司......我就是想要一直演戏。我不知道到什么时候会有这样一个机会,当我的工作真的越做越大的时候真能让我赚钱。”

他笑了起来,也许觉得这听起来怪怪的,所以他补充说了下,他想要通过自己白手起家赚钱,而不是去扮演别人。

现在QAF第五季还在热播,所以Randy和justin看上去并没有什么不和谐的地方。但是至少Randy已经向前看了,并有了许多期许。

唉,最近才看得QAF,没想到Randy为人这么理智..........:s37

我真的认为他和大叔没有爱了

拍戏终归是拍戏 虽然是很难受

生活和电视剧毕竟是不一样的吧
也许这部戏真的给他们带来了很大的困扰
每个人都不希望被定位,更何况是个演员

我觉得我在挖陈铁。。。谢谢前辈们的资料与翻译

• 三国群英传私服
  •