[新闻]Lifetime频道对"天佑鲍比"两位母亲的专访

采访人:Dayna Gross (D)   受访人: Sigourney Weaver (S)

D: Can you tell us about the real-life mom and activist you play in "Prayers for Bobby"?
能介绍一下"天佑鲍比"里面母亲的原型吗?

S: Mary Griffith was very a member of a very devout church. She taught the children Bible verses. She was very concerned that their family all go to heaven together. She perceived homosexuality as a sin, something that her young [gay son] Bobby could avoid to be "normal." She was determined to save him from hell.
Mary Griffith曾经是一位虔诚的基督教徒,她教导孩子们圣经章节,非常在意全家人在天堂团聚的愿景。她觉得同性恋是种罪,觉得她的Bobby可以回头变成“正常人”,于是决心要把他从地狱之路挽救回来。

D: What's the bond like between Mary and her son when she first discovers that he's gay?
当Mary发现儿子是同志后两人的关系是怎样的?

S: Their closeness continues. He wants to be saved. And it actually strengthens the intimacy between them, because she really believes that she can help him.
他们的关系仍然亲密。Bobby希望得到拯救,而Mary也确信能够帮助他,事实上两人反而更近了一层。

D: But that relationship changes?
但后来发生了改变?

S: As he gets older and their plan [to heal him of his homosexuality] doesn't work, she's so adamant that he's not trying to change that a rift starts to grow between them. In the end, it was feeling deprived of his family's love that drove [a suicidal] Bobby off a bridge. It's something Mary has to live with every single day.
随着Bobby长大,他意识到(“治愈他同性恋病"的)计划没有见效,而Mary非常固执地认为Bobby没有尽力,于是他们开始有了隔阂。导致Bobby从桥上跳下(自杀)的原因正是他感觉不再拥有家人的爱。Mary无时无刻不因此耿耿于怀。

D: What was it like to meet the real Mary?
和现实的Mary会面是什么感觉?

S: We talked a lot, but we also expressed a lot without speaking. She's such a charming and warm woman. There are pictures of Bobby everywhere. That told me a lot.
我们谈了很多,同时也有很多无声的交流。她非常热心并且平易近人,处处都摆放着Bobby的照片。我领悟了很多东西。

D: Did you discuss Mary's journey from the very beginning?
你们从头聊起Mary心路历程的吗?

S: Yes. She almost sounds as if she's describing a different person when she talks about herself in the old days. She was determined to save Bobby's soul, and it didn't matter how he was feeling. When I asked her what she believes now, her answer was, "God is unconditional love."
是的。她讲述过去的自己时就像在讲其他人。她说当时她下定决心要拯救Bobby的灵魂,无论他什么感受。当我问她现在相信什么,她回答“上帝就是无条件的爱”。

D: What do you think this story says about gay rights today?
你觉得这个故事对今天的同志维权有什么启示?

S: To me, gay rights are a part of the Constitution. There's nothing in the Constitution that says, "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness — oh, except for gay people." The fact that their ability to marry is not considered legitimate is just a bigger example of what happened to Mary — people operating on fear and ignorance. I don't know why people are so threatened.
对我来讲同志权益就是美国宪章的一部分。宪法没有说: “生命权、自由权和追求幸福的权利——噢,同性恋除外”。同性婚姻权被剥夺这件事恰恰是Mary遭遇的放大——人们依然生活在恐惧和无知中。我不明白为什么人们会感到威胁。

D: What's your hope for the future when it comes to gay rights?
你觉得未来的同志权益会怎样呢?

S: Eventually, I hope we'll look back on this as a shameful period of discrimination against our fellow humans beings. And I hope our new president, Barack Obama, will do a lot to change things.
我希望最终当我们反思这段历史时,会为这种对人类同胞的歧视感到羞愧。同时我也希望巴拉克•奥巴马总统会不遗余力地改变现状。

D: What drew you to this role?
这个角色哪个地方吸引你?

S: As a parent, I was fascinated by this kind of parental lack of acceptance of a child. But the main draw for me is that I have so many gay friends, each with their own staggering coming-out stories. To me, this story had to be told because this is not an uncommon problem. We want to reach not only the young kids struggling with this issue, but also their parents.
身为人母,我非常重视家长不愿接受孩子一事。更重要的是我有很多同志朋友,他们有着一段段的惨痛出柜史。我想Bobby的故事一定要为人所知,因为它揭示了非常普遍的问题。我们不只想让挣扎的年轻人知道这故事,也想让他们的父母知道。

D: Do you think this movie will help people?
你觉得这部电影会有帮助对吗?

S: It will reach a wide audience and hopefully give [gay] kids a way to reach out to their parents. The book [that the movie is based on] has done a lot of good and probably created a lot of discussion that the movie can further even more.
它将会面向相当广泛的一部分观众。我希望它能够引导年轻同志去跟他们的父母交流。(电影改编自的)原著让人受益匪浅,或许它未来引发的讨论会比电影还要多。

译者:Amras
<-sina_sign,1617523405,c5955b83,8->

• 三国群英传私服
  •