[Randy] Randy参加STANDING ON CEREMONY(更新粉丝报告,amy的翻译在10楼)

本帖最后由 dormouse 于 2010-6-17 22:31 编辑

STANDING ON CEREMONY: THE GAY MARRIAGE PLAYS, a collection of short plays written for marriage equality to benefit Human Rights Campaign, Marriage Equality New York and New York Theatre Workshop will take place on Monday, June 14, 2010 at 7:00 p.m. at the Angel Orensanz Center, 172 Norfolk Street in New York City, between Houston and Stanton Streets. Dancing and a glamorous wedding reception will follow. Originally commissioned and conceived by Brian Shnipper, the plays will be directed by Mr. Shnipper and Stuart Ross. Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer is the event Chair, and Mr. Anthony Napoli is the Benefit Chairperson of New York Theatre Workshop. Absolut is a sponsor of STANDING ON CEREMONY: THE GAY MARRIAGE PLAYS. Go to http://www.nytw.org/standing_benefit.asp for tickets.

The event will feature the work of leading American Playwrights including Constance Congdon, Marcus Gardley, JorDan Harrison, Holly Hughes, Megan Carney & Moe Angelos, Albert Innaurato, Tony Kushner, Moises Kaufman, Neil LaBute, Kate Moira Ryan, Kathy Najimy, Kira Obolensky, Jose Rivera, Paul Rudnick and Doug Wright.

Actors featured in the reading will be Jillian Armenante, Amy Brenneman, Kevin Chamberlain, Frankie Faison, Randy Harrison, Jefferson Mays, Kathy Najimy, Christopher Sieber, Mary Testa, Mary Louise Wilson, B.D. Wong and others to be announced.

James C. Nicola, Artistic Director, New York Theatre Workshop, said, " Historically, each chapter of democracy American-style has been defined by one fierce battle or another over the rights of a group of individuals in relation to the powers of the state. Marriage equality now occupies that historic position. By joining forces, Human Rights Campaign, Marriage Equality New York and New York Theatre Workshop create a unique opportunity to participate in this essential rite of citizenship."

Another way to contribute is through a special wedding gift registry. Visit http://www.myregistry.com/public/Standing-on-Ceremony using the organization name "Standing On Ceremony." Those who support marriage equality but cannot attend the benefit are encouraged to donate generously.

. Tickets are $75.00, $250, and $500 Tax deductible tickets can be ordered by phone at 646-957-9547 or online at www.nytw.org.

source:http://www.broadwayworld.com/art ... ensanz_614_20100519

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~6月16日更新报告~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
June 14th 2010
By: toto_too514
Edited by: Marcy

source: http://www.randy-harrison.it

There’s not going to be much to report in this report…
As per usual Randy did a great job w/ this Reading. He was funny and understated and over-the-top all at the same time as “Shane,” one of the many people involved in the skit, On Facebook.

But unfortunately, I cannot say the same about the event or the venue. This was a really great cause, raising money on behalf of the Human Rights Campaign, Marriage Equality New York, and New York Theater Workshop. It was held at The Angel Orensanz Center… essentially an old converted church, so the atmosphere was perfect for a wedding.

But after spending $75 to attend the event, I was more than a little disappointed to arrive and discover that what was billed as General Admission was actually assigned seating, so I was not able to sit w/ friends. I wound up in the second row from the back, in a plastic folding chair, right by the lobby door.

Also, since all chairs were placed on the floor w/ no incline, and the “stage” was merely the altar of the church, it made it virtually impossible to see any of the actors! Occasionally, when all the people in front of me moved their heads in just the right pattern I was able to see the actors from shoulders up.

The sound was another story… the sound system and acoustics were awful, compounded by the noises coming from the lobby and the office, the creaking wooden floors as people moved about, as well as the constant squeaking of those plastic chairs as people jockeyed to get a view.

The two back rows didn’t even get the candied almond favors that the rest of the crowd did. :(

As worthy as it is, I may have to think long and hard before attending another fundraiser for this group…

On to the show….

There were 15 separate short plays, some serious, some funny and a few downright hilarious!

Besides, On Facebook, my favorites were Outlaw Wedding w/ Kathy Najimy, The Gay Agenda w/ Kristine Nielson and Christopher Sieber, and Doubtless w/ Kristine Nielson, Dale Soules, Michael Stuhlbarg, B.D. Wong, and Michael Longoria.  All were comedies. Other notable actors were Judd Hirsch, Matthew Broderick and Dan Butler, “Bulldog” from Frasier.

In keeping w/ the wedding theme, the women wore fancy dresses or pants sets and all the men wore suits… Randy had on a great looking beige suit w/ what looked like a light blue cotton button-down shirt underneath. As I said before, I really couldn’t see the performance very well, but Randy did pass right by me as the cast left the room at the end of their skit.

On Facebook, which also included Jefferson Mays, B.D. Wong, Debra Monk, Halley Feiffer, Dale Soules, and Nancy Giles was a dramatization of a real discussion that took place on Facebook in December of 2009. It is not only a funny take on the serious issue of marriage equality, but it also poked fun at Facebook itself.

On one side, there’s quiet and unassuming Bob (Wong) who has friended sweet and homey and ultra-conservative Beverley (Monk). They are the kind of FB people that you friend, but don’t know why. LOL! Into the mix comes Bob’s outspoken gay friend Shane (Randy), and his husband Oliver (Mays).

The banter back and forth b/ Shane and Beverly was very funny, w/ Beverley answering hothead Shane w/ a sickly sweet voice declaring, “I have some wonderful gay friends.” and an annunciated, “Smiley Face!”

Oliver, in an attempt to trick Beverley, logs on w/ a rant about how marriage is meant to be b/ one man and one woman, yadda, yadda, yadda. When Beverley and her friends declare - w/ a thumb up to the audience, “I like this!” Shane then happily introduces Oliver as his husband and seals it w/ a rather long kiss! From that point on they stand very close to one another, holding hands, or w/ arms over shoulders, etc.

At several points, in true FB fashion, the actors also announce to each other, “Psssssst! Private Message!” or “Four people like this!”

It really was very clever, well written and very well performed. Some of the other skits seemed rougher and other performance stiff and unpolished.

For the final Reading, all the members of the previous Readings stand on stage as witnesses to the wedding taking place. Unfortunately, Randy did not participate. Someone said they saw him upstairs in the balcony which served as the green room for the event.

After the show, those who bought the more expensive tickets were invited to meet and greet w/ the cast and directors. I did not have these tickets, but a friend did. Randy did not attend. For what it’s worth, it has been reported that he had to leave very early Tuesday morning to make a train to Stockbridge.

Gee… for someone who said there wasn’t much of a report, I sure as hell wrote an awful lot! ;D

评分人数

• sandy_6836

谢谢大人带来Randy的最新消息
看来Randy真的很积极参与Gay的维权活动喔

这也就是我们爱他的原因
执着不张扬
永远的宝贝

yeah 好爱小米。。。

谢谢大人带来Randy的消息
{:3_292:}

宝贝永远知道做什么是对

宝贝啊 想说不喜欢你真的是一件很难的事情

嗯 真的很积极~
做自己想做的就好

更新了粉丝报告

STANDING ON CEREMONY: THE GAY MARRIAGE PLAYS, a collection of short plays written for marriage equality to benefit Human Rights Campaign, Marriage Equality New York and New York Theatre Workshop will take place on Monday, June 14, 2010 at 7:00 p.m. at the Angel Orensanz Center, 172 Norfolk Street in New York City, between Houston and Stanton Streets. Dancing and a glamorous wedding reception will follow. Originally commissioned and conceived by Brian Shnipper, the plays will be directed by Mr. Shnipper and Stuart Ross. Manhattan Borough President Scott Stringer is the event Chair, and Mr. Anthony Napoli is the Benefit Chairperson of New York Theatre Workshop. Absolut is a sponsor of STANDING ON CEREMONY: THE GAY MARRIAGE PLAYS. Go to http://www.nytw.org/standing_benefit.asp for tickets.
“讲礼节”,同性婚姻题材短剧 —— 是一系列争取婚姻平等的短剧,是为了人权运动组织、纽约婚姻平等组织和纽约剧场工作坊即将举行的筹款活动而创作的,该活动将于2010年6月14日晚7点在位于纽约市的诺福克街172号的天使奥伦桑斯中心举行,表演结束后现场会举行一场婚礼。本活动的最初构思由Brian Shnipper提出,短剧由Shnipper先生和Stuart Ross指导完成,曼哈顿区区长Scott Stringer任本次活动主席,纽约剧场工作坊的Anthony Napoli先生是本次活动的筹款负责人。绝对伏特加为本次活动赞助商。若购买入场卷请访问以下网址http://www.nytw.org/standing_benefit.asp。

The event will feature the work of leading American Playwrights including Constance Congdon, Marcus Gardley, JorDan Harrison, Holly Hughes, Megan Carney & Moe Angelos, Albert Innaurato, Tony Kushner, Moises Kaufman, Neil LaBute, Kate Moira Ryan, Kathy Najimy, Kira Obolensky, Jose Rivera, Paul Rudnick and Doug Wright.
本次演出的剧本均是由美国知名作家操刀,其中有Constance Congdon, Marcus Gardley, JorDan Harrison, Holly Hughes, Megan Carney & Moe Angelos, Albert Innaurato, Tony Kushner, Moises Kaufman, Neil LaBute, Kate Moira Ryan, Kathy Najimy, Kira Obolensky, Jose Rivera, Paul Rudnick 和 Doug Wright。

Actors featured in the reading will be Jillian Armenante, Amy Brenneman, Kevin Chamberlain, Frankie Faison, Randy Harrison, Jefferson Mays, Kathy Najimy, Christopher Sieber, Mary Testa, Mary Louise Wilson, B.D. Wong and others to be announced.
演员是由Jillian Armenante, Amy Brenneman, Kevin Chamberlain, Frankie Faison, Randy Harrison, Jefferson Mays, Kathy Najimy, Christopher Sieber, Mary Testa, Mary Louise Wilson, B.D. Wong 及其其它待宣布人员担任。

James C. Nicola, Artistic Director, New York Theatre Workshop, said, " Historically, each chapter of democracy American-style has been defined by one fierce battle or another over the rights of a group of individuals in relation to the powers of the state. Marriage equality now occupies that historic position. By joining forces, Human Rights Campaign, Marriage Equality New York and New York Theatre Workshop create a unique opportunity to participate in this essential rite of citizenship."
纽约剧场工作坊艺术总监James C. Nicola说:从历史上来看,每次美国式的民主权更替都是要通过一场激烈的争斗来完成的,现在婚姻平等权这件事也正处于这个时期。我们要同心合力,要通过人权运动组织、纽约婚姻平等组织(MENY成立于1998年)以及纽约剧场工作坊的共同努力来为本应拥有这一权利的公民来争取到这一权利。

Another way to contribute is through a special wedding gift registry. Visit http://www.myregistry.com/public/Standing-on-Ceremony using the organization name "Standing On Ceremony." Those who support marriage equality but cannot attend the benefit are encouraged to donate generously.
对于那些支持婚姻平等权,但又无法到现场参加筹款仪式的人,可以访问网址http://www.myregistry.com/public/Standing-on-Ceremony进行网上捐赠。.

Tickets are $75.00, $250, and $500 Tax deductible tickets can be ordered by phone at 646-957-9547 or online at www.nytw.org.
票价为75刀、250刀、500刀(均可抵扣税款),订票可拨打电话646-957-9547或登录网址www.nytw.org.订购均可。

source:http://www.broadwayworld.com/art ... ensanz_614_20100519

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~6月16日更新报告~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
June 14th 2010
By: toto_too514
Edited by: Marcy

source: http://www.randy-harrison.it

There’s not going to be much to report in this report…
As per usual Randy did a great job w/ this Reading. He was funny and understated and over-the-top all at the same time as “Shane,” one of the many people involved in the skit, On Facebook.
这应该算不上是什么汇报了……
照例,Randy这次任务完成的相当不错,他本人幽默风趣、有些低调,但是饰演的Shane却是个很夸张的人 — Shane是短剧Facebook里面众多人物中的一个。

But unfortunately, I cannot say the same about the event or the venue. This was a really great cause, raising money on behalf of the Human Rights Campaign, Marriage Equality New York, and New York Theater Workshop. It was held at The Angel Orensanz Center… essentially an old converted church, so the atmosphere was perfect for a wedding.
但是让人难过的是这次活动和活动举办地点却让人是不止一点失望。这次活动的目的是为了人权组织、纽约婚姻平等组织和纽约剧场工作坊筹款,其实是个巨有意思的事。活动在天使奥伦桑斯中心 –  一个古香古色的教堂举行的,其实氛围是个举办婚礼的完美地点。

But after spending $75 to attend the event, I was more than a little disappointed to arrive and discover that what was billed as General Admission was actually assigned seating, so I was not able to sit w/ friends. I wound up in the second row from the back, in a plastic folding chair, right by the lobby door.
花了75刀去参加这个活动,可当我到地之后发现所谓的普通入场券其实就是要坐到指定的位置,所以我没能和我的朋友坐一起。但我还是有点小兴奋的坐在了倒数第二排,就是个塑料折叠椅,而且还在大厅的门旁边。

Also, since all chairs were placed on the floor w/ no incline, and the “stage” was merely the altar of the church, it made it virtually impossible to see any of the actors! Occasionally, when all the people in front of me moved their heads in just the right pattern I was able to see the actors from shoulders up.
而且,因为椅子都是摆放在同一高度的 — 没一点高低差,而所谓的“舞台“也就是教堂的圣坛。所以,你几乎就看不到站在那的演员们。偶尔,要是我前面的人动了动他们的头,我也只能是从那肩膀与肩膀之间的缝隙看一眼演员们。

The sound was another story… the sound system and acoustics were awful, compounded by the noises coming from the lobby and the office, the creaking wooden floors as people moved about, as well as the constant squeaking of those plastic chairs as people jockeyed to get a view.
声音效果也得说道说道了,音响和音质很糟糕,时不时还夹杂着由大厅、办公室传来的噪音,或人走在木地板上时发出的嘎吱嘎吱声,还有当人们调整观看角度时使塑料椅子发出来的吱吱声。

The two back rows didn’t even get the candied almond favors that the rest of the crowd did. :(
甚至,最后两排的观众都没能象其他人那样领到糖果。

As worthy as it is, I may have to think long and hard before attending another fundraiser for this group…
这次去这个活动,我能想到唯一值得的就是可能下次这个团体再组织筹款活动时,还要不要去我得掂量掂量了。

On to the show….
至于演出么……

There were 15 separate short plays, some serious, some funny and a few downright hilarious!
共有15段小短剧,有些是严肃的,有些是搞笑的,而有些完全就是让你爆笑的。

Besides, On Facebook, my favorites were Outlaw Wedding w/ Kathy Najimy, The Gay Agenda w/ Kristine Nielson and Christopher Sieber, and Doubtless w/ Kristine Nielson, Dale Soules, Michael Stuhlbarg, B.D. Wong, and Michael Longoria.  All were comedies. Other notable actors were Judd Hirsch, Matthew Broderick and Dan Butler, “Bulldog” from Frasier.
当然除了“Facebook”那段,我还比较喜欢Kathy Najimy的“取缔婚礼”、Kristine Nielson和Christopher Sieber的“同性恋备忘录”、Kristine Nielson, Dale Soules, Michael Stuhlbarg, B.D. Wong和Michael Longoria的“确信无疑”。这些都是喜剧,而其它短剧中比较抢眼的演员有Judd Hirsch, Matthew Broderick和Dan Butler,还有就是演“斗牛犬”的Frasier。

In keeping w/ the wedding theme, the women wore fancy dresses or pants sets and all the men wore suits… Randy had on a great looking beige suit w/ what looked like a light blue cotton button-down shirt underneath. As I said before, I really couldn’t see the performance very well, but Randy did pass right by me as the cast left the room at the end of their skit.
为了体现婚礼这个主题,女士们穿的都是礼服,男士们穿的都是西装,Randy穿了一身米黄色西装,貌似里面穿的是一件浅蓝色衬衫。就象我说的,那么远我真的是看不太清。但表演结束后,演员退场时Randy还真从我身边走过了。

On Facebook, which also included Jefferson Mays, B.D. Wong, Debra Monk, Halley Feiffer, Dale Soules, and Nancy Giles was a dramatization of a real discussion that took place on Facebook in December of 2009. It is not only a funny take on the serious issue of marriage equality, but it also poked fun at Facebook itself.
在短剧“Facebook”里还有演员Jefferson Mays, B.D. Wong, Debra Monk, Halley Feiffer, Dale Soules和 Nancy Giles,这段是根据2009年12月发生在Facebook上的一个真实故事改编而成的。这个短剧不仅涉及到婚姻平等权的问题,也恶搞了一下Facebook。

On one side, there’s quiet and unassuming Bob (Wong) who has friended sweet and homey and ultra-conservative Beverley (Monk). They are the kind of FB people that you friend, but don’t know why. LOL! Into the mix comes Bob’s outspoken gay friend Shane (Randy), and his husband Oliver (Mays).
在这边是安静、低调的Bob(由Wong饰演),以及他的朋友Beverley(由Monk饰演)一个亲切、温暖、但确极其保守的人。不知道为啥,他们就是那种适合做男朋友的人。还有一段是Bob与Shane(Randy饰演)和他丈夫Oliver(Mays饰演)的对手戏。

The banter back and forth b/ Shane and Beverly was very funny, w/ Beverley answering hothead Shane w/ a sickly sweet voice declaring, “I have some wonderful gay friends.” and an annunciated, “Smiley Face!”
Shane和Beverly之间来来回回的戏谑真太有意思了。Beverley用甜腻的声音对急性子的Shane说:我还是有一些出色的同志朋友的。然后弄了个笑脸符出来。

Oliver, in an attempt to trick Beverley, logs on w/ a rant about how marriage is meant to be b/ one man and one woman, yadda, yadda, yadda. When Beverley and her friends declare - w/ a thumb up to the audience, “I like this!” Shane then happily introduces Oliver as his husband and seals it w/ a rather long kiss! From that point on they stand very close to one another, holding hands, or w/ arms over shoulders, etc.
而在那边Oliver试图作弄Beverley,他正看一个激昂的演说,说婚姻对一个男人和一个女人来说多么重要,如何重要,怎么重要。当Beverley和她的朋友们对观众伸出大拇指说:“我喜欢这个”时。Shane欣然的给大家介绍说Oliver是他的丈夫,并给了Oliver一个长长的吻。从那会起他们就站的很近,俩人一直揽着肩紧握手。

At several points, in true FB fashion, the actors also announce to each other, “Psssssst! Private Message!” or “Four people like this!”
在几处演员们还会说些俏皮话,像这是“私人信息”、“只有四个人是这样滴”。

It really was very clever, well written and very well performed. Some of the other skits seemed rougher and other performance stiff and unpolished.
这段很流畅,真是写得好,演的也好。而其它有几个短剧就显得有点粗糙,还有几段表演显得有些僵硬不那么流畅。

For the final Reading, all the members of the previous Readings stand on stage as witnesses to the wedding taking place. Unfortunately, Randy did not participate. Someone said they saw him upstairs in the balcony which served as the green room for the event.
最后一段时,所有之前的演员都站在了台上,来见证一个婚礼。很遗憾,Randy没参加。有人说在楼下的包厢看见他了,那是演员休息室。

After the show, those who bought the more expensive tickets were invited to meet and greet w/ the cast and directors. I did not have these tickets, but a friend did. Randy did not attend. For what it’s worth, it has been reported that he had to leave very early Tuesday morning to make a train to Stockbridge.
演出结束后,购买高价票的人允许见演员和导演。我没买那种票,我一个朋友买了。但还是没能看见Randy。据说他得尽早离开,因为周二早上要乘火车去Stockbridge,就先别管这理由管不管用了。

Gee… for someone who said there wasn’t much of a report, I sure as hell wrote an awful lot! ;D
天啊,还声称这不是汇报,我极其肯定我是写了不少啊。

评分人数

• dormouse

谢谢~~希望R幸福~~

谢谢翻译
看样子活动本身还是挺有意义的,不过组织不太好啊……
REAL LIFE,GOOD DIE

谢谢amy的译文

谢谢翻译,辛苦了

:s133Q,只要能知道他们一切安好就可以了。。
事业蒸蒸日上。。
我在用我的温柔扼杀你!